Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pineapple Magic Cake?

 Ingredients:
 Fluffy cloud cake batter:
The Cake:
This is my first Pinterest Recipe, and I would also like to note that I have never attempted to make angel food cake from box or scratch before...
With very non-specific recipe directions from Pinterest and what seemed like oddly specific box directions on the cake mix, I set out on my magic cake journey.

1 Box Angel food cake mix
1 20oz can of Crushed pineapple in its own juice
Mix (this was pretty magical and looked like a bowl of clouds)
Bake @350 for 30 min in 9X13 (Here is where it probably would have been better to just follow the box directions) #1: DO NOT GREASE THE PAN
                #2: Use an angel-food cake pan so that when it's done baking you can turn it upside down so that your cake will not fall. (mine fell in the middle)

Taste test: Tasted like pineapple-angel food cake. Not really magical, but it was a sweet treat that is low in fat. (I guess this is a weight watchers recipe and even has a cool-whip/pudding frosting if you look for it online)
All in all not a bad first test for something from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment